Eat the fish - Spit out the bones.

« Home | Breaking Fast » | I read Finnegan's Wake » | What About Snaggletooth? » | Booda or Nemo...You Choose » | If Paintings Could Talk... » | 1984 » | A Refreshing Remix » | For the Birds, part tres » | For the Birds, part dos » | A Shrine for all Jordanites » 

Thursday, June 30, 2005 

Billy Graham of Lexington

Here we go again. I have been asked to proclaim God's word from that that hideously intimidating pulpit at Highlands Baptist Church again. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't preaching for:

A) Porter's Pastor Emeritus...and
B) Melanie's Grandfather

...anyway, if you read this I would truly appreciate your prayer for this Sunday night (July 3rd). This is the second time I have preached in my life (I consider speaking and teaching to be different disicplines), and both venues have been for J.K. "Billy Graham of Lex-town" Pierce. Anybody else wouldn't be half as bad. Seriously, I am very excited and extremely honored to be able to fill the pulpit of Bro. Pierce. If you have a spare breath, lift me up. I will attempt to properly communicate this text:

And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do , for they think that they will be heard for thier many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. Pray then like this:

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed by your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.

Matthew 6.5-13

good luck dawg. i know you'll do great, but i'm glad its you and not me. there's probably a lot of people glad that its not me.

hmmm... july 3rd... i'll be in town! guess i'll be going to Highlands Sunday night.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates