Eat the fish - Spit out the bones.

« Home | MELANIE IS PREGNANT » | Stank Glory » | The Jesus Career » | Post-Practice Cool Down » | USC Coach Pushes Player Over the Edge » | A Tribute to Rosa » | My Brother the Genius » | Sweating Letterman » | Matthew Henry wrote: » | Obsurd News... » 

Saturday, December 03, 2005 

A Lifechange @ 10:30

My life changed forever at 10:30 am on Wednesday, November 16th. As you all probably know by now, my wife is expecting. I just wanted to give an update on our condition and tell briefly the story of how we found out.

I came home from a brutal day on the farm on Monday the 14th. I walked in the front door, half-heartedly said "hello" to my wife, and began doing a load of laundry. I wasn't in the mood for conversation or QT...I just wanted to relax. As I separated my clothes, I began to subtly lecture Melanie about our financial situation. I explained that we needed an emergency fund aside from our savings account as described and recommended by Mr. Dave Ramsey (thank you Dave Blake). I rambled on for quite sometime while she sat next to the heater staring at the tv. When I finished my discourse, tears began to well up in her eyes. She said a sentence that I will never forget, "Jonathan, I think we might need that emergency fund quicker than you thought." At that moment, I knew what was happening. I don't quite know how I knew...but I did. I pretended like I was clueless. She then explained some "woman" problems that she had been dealing with lately, all the while fighting back tears. I had never in my life been speechless before that moment. After about 5 minutes of silence, I told her that we needed to go to Wal-mart and get a home pregnancy test right then and there. She pulled the postive test out of a bag and flipped it to me. Mel told me that an ovarian sist could alter the results of the test....she had had an ultrasound a couple of weeks before because of a sist that the doctor found. I hate to admit this, but we held out hope. I sent her to have blood work done the next day (tuesday). Results wouldn't be in until the next morning. I didn't go into work on Wednesday...just laid in bed waiting for the call. At 10:30, she called and said that the doctor prescribed prenatal vitamins for her. A lifechange at 10:30.

Over two weeks have past and we are just getting through the initial shock of it all. Our emotions are settling and we are getting excited about what's to come. Were thinking of names. The thing that keeps me up at night is the fact that I'm bringing a child into a world that I don't have a grasp on yet. As for my beautiful bride, she can't get enough sleep. That crazy girl is always exhausted. I'll come home at 9 o'clock and she has been in bed for an hour. One of our main focuses right now is keeping her healthy. If she's healthy, the child is too. A close friend of mine told me this, "Smitty...God wants this child in the world at this precise time, and He desires for you and Melanie to bear it. Have full confidence in that and don't doubt it for a second." Honestly, that is all we're holding on to right now. God has blessed my wife and I with an phenomenal supporting cast of family and friends. If you have a chance...lift up Melanie in your prayers as she brings lil' smitty (or smittie) into the world.

If you have wondered whether or not we will make it. Have full confidence - My God equips those he calls.

I was smiling while I read that last part - she's not going to let you name it after yourself is she?

Regardless, I'll keep you in my prayers - and let me know if there's anything you need, man.

I think all I am going to say is God Bless and Amen!

thank you, guys

That's a good word... It's a blessing to have a child. He'll direct your paths.

Won't be long before everyone starts having kids. But, Lord willing, we're still years away.

that's what we said

I know it was abrupt news for you all, as well as everyone else, but I am excited for you and know it will all work out!! As one friend said, "Melanie is gonna be the hottest pregnant woman!" Anyway, you're in my prayers and let me know if you ever need a babysitter!

I think you should name it Troy if it is a boy.... and Re' Re' if it is a girl (kind of a feminine version of my dad's nickname)

smitty-

congratulations! being a parent changes your whole world - markedly for the better. we're praying for you and your bride.

And to complete the story from our end (telling the grandparents)-----Jonathan had ask us to be home at 8:30pm--everyone- including Kat. That is always bad news---where you going to school now, Jonathan???? Instead he says---"well, we might as well just rip the bandaid off this thing--Melanie is pregnant" That was accompanied by two very tearful, frightened faces. As everyone else, we are shocked, but much more confident than the parents right now. :) Who better to parent a wonderful gift from God. Two of the most blessed, incredible young people on earth. Karl and I count a blessing to be called grandparents for the first time. Hey Troy, I kind a like Re Re.

MeMe Pam

OH MY Gosh! We are soooo excited!! I have always heard how pathetic most people are when they become grandparents...I expected that... but noone told us that could happen at the onset of the news of becoming grandparents. Grandparents....that just doesn't seem real yet. OK, I know I have already been on a few shopping trips and have begun to stock-up on diapers... so what!
You guys being pregnant, is all part of Gods timing. I know its scary at your stage in life, but trust me.. he will be faithful...We speak from experience. You will never have more support from any two sets of parents/grandparents than the ones that brought you two into this world.
Not in my time, not with my strength, but because of an ALL knowing, sacrificially giving, and LOVING GOD.
We know that OUR grandchild WILL be a blessing...after all...he/she will be perfect...at least in our eyes. NANA & G'Pa (?)

I'm so excited to be an aunt...the best part: i can spoil little Will/Willow then give him/her back to you at the end of the day.
j/k, i love you bro, you're going to be the coolest dad ever.

why don't you do that thing i asked you to do ... you know the one with the father in law and the the job and what not... YEAHHHHHH BOYYYYY!!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates