Eat the fish - Spit out the bones.

« Home | do this now...be moved » | ? » | Trying to Trust the Spirit » | BABY SMITH HAS A PENIS » | God is more than Relevant » | 23 Tears of Joy » | Empathizing with the Spirit » | Read the CREATOR'S Blog...not mine. » | African Interceptions » | True Greatness » 

Thursday, April 06, 2006 

A Bad Day for Zimri & Cozbi

Read about how it pleased God to see Phinehas' discontent when his God's name was dishonored in Numbers 25.
___________________________________
The Lord said to Moses, "Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, the priest, has turned my anger away from the Israelites; for he was zealous as I am for my honor among them...
___________________________________

...and is there any doubt as to what Phinehas so violently interrupeted?

Smitty,
I have read that story for the first time, that I can recall, thanks for posting it. I am encouraged and humbled. Christians today are not "zealous" for our Lord and His great name. We sit and listen to all sorts of God-dishonoring talk, watch God-dishonoring programs and never say anything or take a stand. I know I fail at that point so many times. Phinehas sets an example for us all. We should honor our God and His name. We would never let someone trash our wives in front of us, yet we let the name of God be profaned daily.
I am saying we a lot, mainly I am slamming myself, and I am sure there are others like me.
And there is no doubt to what Phinehas interrupted!!

Smitty, hey bro, can you add my link on here so I can get some visitors....
http://igniteuk.blogspot.com

Thanks

woody...once again you hit the nail on the head. That is exactly what I drew from the story as well. I am sooooo tolerant these days. I don't know what has happened to me. You're right...Phinehas' zeal should be an example for all of us to follow. We should stop sitting back and remaining quiet while the world trashes our God's name and fame.

Thanks for adding me bro!

Keith it is our link, sorry to hurt your feelings.

Smitty check out my new post and let me know what you think.

Keith, if it is your blog as well, how about some help posting some things turd. And do me a favor and put some other blogger links on there where our names are. Put Smitty's, Sok etc.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates