Eat the fish - Spit out the bones.

« Home | Trying to Trust the Spirit » | BABY SMITH HAS A PENIS » | God is more than Relevant » | 23 Tears of Joy » | Empathizing with the Spirit » | Read the CREATOR'S Blog...not mine. » | African Interceptions » | True Greatness » | Golden Ohno » | Autistic Senior Drops 20 » 

Saturday, April 01, 2006 

?

What is The Book of the Wars of the Lord?
Moses quotes from this source in Numbers 21.14.
If we were to ever to recover it...would we add it to the canon?
"...Waheb in Suphah and the ravines, the Arnon and the
slopes of the ravines that lead to the site of Ar and lie along the border of Moab."

I saw a guy on TBN a couple months ago quoting from another one of those "lost" books referenced in the OT. I forget which one.

He explained that parts of it were discovered after 1947 (and not with the Dead Sea Scrolls). He was quoting from it as though it was from the canon, and using it to explain a certain passage of scripture.

I think the answer to your question is a definite "no." Something discovered now would have to jump an impossibly high hurdle of scientific scrutiny for us to consider it legit. In any case, like the "Dead Sea Scrolls", I would think you could only state that they were useful for historical reference/support of the already existing scriptures.

I agree with Tapp, the Canon is closed.

I have been thinking about it since you mentioned this line of thought to me. In God's providence we can see that the 66 books that we have is the special revelation that he has chosen to give us. For it to be so many years and no changes is truly something to praise God for.

Your last sentence is an amazing point, Sok. I agree with both of you. It just scares me a little.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates