Eat the fish - Spit out the bones.

« Home | Don't Waste Your Cancer » | For Mathematicians on V-Day » | Valentine's Day Simplicity » | A Lesson in Chili Preference » | a related quote » | The Shaft for Seattle and other notes » | The Irishman, quarterback, and me » | A Double Standard? » | Super Bowl Humor » | Unaware Americans » 

Thursday, February 16, 2006 

God's Glory: Fat's Pleasing Aroma

It's been a while since we visited an obscure manifestation of God's Glory in our world here at Smittycity. I believe you'll recall that our last encounter with God's Glory involved manure. Today we will learn of another neglected intracacy in God's Kingdom. Allow me to explain...

While reading two different books, for two different purposes, both within an hour, I made a starteling discovery that you might be interested in. Maybe not. I was reviewing the previously lectured chapter for my nutrition class. The subject was Lipids (fat). I read this: "...fat carries with it may dissolved compounds that give foods enticing aromas and flavors, such as the aroma of frying bacon or french fries. In fact, when an ill person refuses to eat, dietitons offer foods flavored with some fat to tempt that person to eat again..." So, God made fat smell good.

No more than an hour later, I read this in Leviticus (don't ask me why I was reading in Leviticus): "...the priest is to sprinkle the blood against the altar of the Lord at the entrance of the Tent of Meeting and burn the fat as an aroma pleasing to the Lord." (Lev 17.6)

Very cool.

Appreciate the small things.

So what you're saying is that I am on my way to smelling good.

yes he is, john

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates