Eat the fish - Spit out the bones.

« Home | Up For Debate » | Props » | Super Bowl Bandwagon » | No SOUPer Bowl For You! » | 19 Things to Ponder » | The T.P. » | At age 20, Jim Elliot wrote: » | In response to my previous post, Dave Blake has of... » | The Abandonment of Something » | A Blue Christmas » 

Thursday, January 26, 2006 

Unaware Americans

Dr. Al Mohler has composed a timely post regarding the ongoing, what can only be labeled as, genocide in Darfur, Sudan. I urge you to read his lenthy article...it is well worth your time. Ironically, the very first post on SmittyCity in April of last year was about this very issue. If you have time, please read Hotel Sudan.

Yep, everyone in history appears to ignore genocides. No one wants to acknowledge it. Why? Perhaps satan has blinded their eyes.

Sudan sells much oil to China, which is partially why they turn a blind eye.

I tend to think a lot of Christians and jews will be slaughtered during the tribulation. Bet people will turn a blind eye then, too.

great point

After I read your previous post "Hotel Sudan" my first thought was on this verse:

"Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter." Prov. 24:11 (ESV)

And the next portion struck me harder:

"If you say, 'Behold, we did not know this,' does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it, and will he not repay man according to his work?" Prov. 24:12 (ESV)

I confess my own iniquity when it comes to having either the courage or motivation to carry the above out - but that does not provide me excuse or shelter me from the fact that I will answer for my deeds upon this Earth.

I just pray God will reveal this to more people - and, most importantly - instill in us a Spirit of courage and movement to, if necessary, step in and take lashes upon our own backs to save those who cannot (possibly) save/defend themselves.

Thanks, Smitty - for bringing this to our attention.

keith...brother, your extremely radical...I love it. I completely agree with your convictions. Thank you for sharing them.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates