Eat the fish - Spit out the bones.

« Home | A Pregnancy Update » | » | A Bad Day for Zimri & Cozbi » | do this now...be moved » | ? » | Trying to Trust the Spirit » | BABY SMITH HAS A PENIS » | God is more than Relevant » | 23 Tears of Joy » | Empathizing with the Spirit » 

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 

Easier for Me to See and Say

Upon contemplating Easter this year, I came to no powerful, earth-shaking revelations. I did, however, study the passion story and truly celebrate the Resurrection...I think. It was probably the first time that I had genuinely given a crap about the implications of Easter. Although not overwhelmingly inspiring or important, I did have this thought.

The Nation of Israel is usually blamed for the "murder" (I personally consider it suicide) of Jesus. The Jews have protested this for many years, and we saw the debate again arise when Gibson released his version of the story. Fact of the matter is...it was the religious elite who Scripture says was "jealous" over Jesus' fame and influence. Yes...the Jews. And they are extremely offended when they are forced to shoulder this accusation.

Here is my point:

(Understanding that they do not regard our Jesus as the Christ...the Messiah) Why can't they realize then or now that they were an intrical part in God's plan to bring salvation to a dying...excuse me, dead world. God used the Jews...His own...to call for the Lamb to be slaughtered. Instead of our accusations and their relentless defense, we should all be thrilled that God used them in that way. I am eternally grateful that they were in the right place at the right time...literally. Of course, it is easier for me to see and say because of my religious position. God used His people's ignorance to bring salvation into this world.

...and, I wonder if any of the religious leaders of that time gave up their faith and believed in the Nazarene because of the series of events that they witnessed.

Time to flip the page to the book of Acts, where we see that many of the religous leaders of that day repented and embraced Christ, Paul foremost among them.
Acts 15:5 "some of the sect of the Pharisees who had believed."

and Acts 2:23
"this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death."

God delivered Jesus over to be killed.

Inspiring post, I will answer your question as to why they don't turn to the Lord now...for a period of time they are hardened, but I do hold to a literal redemption of Israel at some point.

Whats your point with Acts 2:23

Point of Acts 2:23 was in response to your "Israel is usually blamed for the 'murder' of Jesus."

is that not an accurate statement? I understand that it is not universal...but there are many who accuse them.

Israel, did murder Jesus, on their own accord. ALthough it was the divine plan of God.

Just like salvation in my view...we must choose to come to faith in Christ, but can only do so through the drawing of God, but still we must choose.

And just in case you wonder, I hold to a view that if God draws you will come....seems like so guy back in the 1500's said something like that! :)

absolutely woody...that was my point. God used the Jews for something extradinary.

...and as far as the subtle Calvinism promo...just make sure Dave Campbell doesn't see it or we will be here all week.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates