Eat the fish - Spit out the bones.

« Home | Currently Reading... » | Deserving? » | I'LL TAKE... » | Churchill on Leadership » | Paul Letta Ta Philemon » | Scarlet & Gray vs. Scarlet Knights? » | Jesus is Dead » | Coach Hines & Ricky Bobby @ Loser 2006 » | The Exploitation of Calvin Klein » | A Googol » 

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 

Not Reading...


Although, it would be a lie to claim that I have no desire to see what it says.
Curiosity killed something, didn't it?

I've actually read it, or most of it. A friend of mine growing up had it. We were at Porter together in middle school.
If memory serves, there were some things on how to put curses on people, some voo doo stuff, names of demons, etc.
After experimentation, I determined that we shouldn't mess around with it. I was at least smart enough to recognize that as Christians we were victors over such power.

Sadly, my friend kept it (it was actually something his dad had kept from college) and his life quickly proceeded downhill through high school. He ended up really messed up last I heard.

If you, or someone you know, has it then I suggest you get rid of it ASAP.

I used to own a copy. The majority of what I read was directed at becoming a god yourself, rather than worshiping a deity (Satan or otherwise). A lot of self-exultation and a desire for power.

I don't remember getting around to spells and voodoo, but I agree with jtapp - I don't think that's anything people should enter into lightly - regardless of what you believe.

I've always heard that you must ask for it at bookstores like Joseph Beth because they have them behind the counters and will not display them. Although I make no plans to ever have Lavey's work in my library, I will soon read a book entitled, The God Delusion, written by atheist, Richard Dawkins. I think a lot can be extracted from that work to sharpen my mind. Really, its just a mental exercise.

TappDaddy, did you catch the Fiesta Bowl. Probably the greatest college football game I have ever witnessed.

I have read a bit about Richard Dawkins and his works. He's been a very popular man in the free-thinking/atheist "circles" lately. An organization (I cannot remember which one) actually named him man of the year (2006).

Not that I've never heard of apostasy before, but his background kind of puzzles me. Very much into the church, then not.

But I admit I don't know much about his history or even much about current circumstances.

Should be an interesting journey, though (going through his stuff).

Dave Blake posted a link to a Piper article about the Dawkins book a while back.

No, sadly enough I didn't watch it. I was in bed by the 2nd quarter, exhausted from driving. I saw the highlights and couldn't believe it.

I have to hand it to Boise State, they beat 3 bowl-eligible teams this year. They earned a BCS bowl.
Sadly enough, this success means that no one will want to schedule them ever again.

I must admit that I've never seen that book. Interesting (but sad). --To be honest this post had the perfect title, and had me rolling in laughter when I first glanced at the book.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates